Bonnie's Reviews

Bonnie is my sweet mother-in-law. She sends my husband I emails of her reviews of movies, television, and restaurants. Due to requests from our friends to read Bonnie's emails, I've created this blog for her. Bonnie is a sweetheart, so no rude comments please! Move along meanies!

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The Big Bang Theory

I've been taking a class on the origins of the universe, and our teacherhas been telling us about the idiosyncracies of electrons and photons.

Then, on Monday night, Dad and I watched the first episode of the CBS TV show, "The Big Bang Theory." In the very first scene, when one roommate is talking to another, he says, "If a photon is directed through a plane with two slits in it and either slit is observed, it will not go through both slits. If it's unobserved it will. However, if it's observed after it's left the plane but before it hits its target, it will not have gone through both slits." When the roommate asks his buddy why he brought this up, he says that he thinks that concept would look good on at-shirt.

Those opening lines would have meant nothing to me if I hadn't been in the class! That example was one that our teacher had used only last week.

(You can watch the whole episode on your computer at CBS.com . I think it's pretty funny.)

Love,
Mom

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home